Retail Case: Brand Performance always consistent across Channels. Here’s What It Really is.
“ 3.. 2.. 1.. Happy New Year !!! ” We hope you had a good break and wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year 2017. After the 2016 countdown party, there will be another big party coming, Chinese New Year. Don’t miss this golden chance to meet your family members, friends and someone important to you! Chocolate is always one of the popular gifts. Here are some surprising results from a recent nationwide chocolate audit in Hong Kong.
(Nationwide Chocolate Audit in Hong Kong for 5 major festive chocolate brands, covering multi channels for 100 stores: Chain Supermarkets (ParknShop, Wellcome & Vanguard), Chain Convenience Stores (7-11 & Circle K), Chain Drug Stores (Mannings & Watsons), Independent Drug Stores and Emerging Channels (759 Store, Bestmart360 & Prizemart))
- Shelf space per SKU varied across channels – Although Almond Roca has fewer SKUs, it is given considerable shelf space across channels especially in Chain Supermarkets, Chain Drug Stores and Emerging Channels. The difference can be up to 100% when comparing same chocolate brand under different channels.
Remark: Yellow Highlighted is the champion in shelf space per SKU for that specific channel
- Number of Secondary Display Unit not proportional to Brand prominence – In festive season, Chain Supermarkets are always loaded with Chocolate floor stack, Gondola and dump bin. Great number in 2nd Display Unit is not necessary to be great in brand prominence. Brand C, D and E have comparable 2nd Display Unit to Brand B. But, Brand B is significantly more outstanding than them in Chain Supermarkets.
Quantity is important for secondary display unit but quality of them is important too. With the use of SmartRocket’s information, we can capture all the photos of them on spot which enables us to compare own brand with competitors by location. We can even filter location by tier (i.e. suburban vs urban) so that we can use demographics for strategic planning. Lastly, we wish you a happy New Year 2017! May New Year 2017 turn out to be a year when you are put on the road to never-ending success and prosperity.
Using the latest retail audit technologies, it’s possible to quickly and easily compare SKU level performance metrics and access backup imagery for any location – all in real time. In a single glance, for any SKU, check;
- Stock levels/ OOS status
- Current and/ or promotional pricing
- Floor stacking, secondary display
- …and any other metric of interest